Shockwave therapy for MCTD

By Stella34 Latest Activity January 4 at 4:02 am Views 1,558 Replies 1

Stella34

Hi, my name is Maria and I am from Mississauga. I was diagnosed with Mixed Connective Tissue Disease when I was 12. I had my ups and downs while battling the disease because I didn't have enough maturity to understand the seriousness of my disease at that age. I underwent some treatments and the disease was under control. But, I am experiencing severe muscle and joint pain now. I am scared whether I am having the same problem as before. I am a mother now, and my daughter is the first thing I thought about.
I have heard that a shockwave therapy is very effective in treating the disorders associated with connective tissues. So, I am planning to visit an acupuncture centre ( http://dynamicphysiotherapy.ca/services/acupu... ) in Mississauga soon. Is this treatment safe? Is there anybody over here who has undergone an acupuncture treatment before? How was your experience? Please share your experience.

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (1 reply)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • Dr Gary
    Dr GaryCA February 3 at 8:30 pm   

Hey Stella34, it's great to meet you. Sorry I didn't see your post earlier. I am a therapist, but not a physician, so I don't have any useful information for you. I am wondering if you might be able to ask the treatment center you are going to for references, maybe someone you could talk to. Having said that, I would also caution that every patient has their own unique experience with a treatment. Getting the opinion of one or more physicians might also help you to make your decision. One size does not fit all. You might also do some research on your own, on reputable sites like the American Lung Association. I can understand your concern about making the right decision. I hope you will keep us posted and let us know how you are doing.

Hide the Social Toolbar Show the Social Toolbar