This is my first post

By LadyPatches Latest Activity May 20 at 7:04 pm Views 941 Replies 3

LadyPatches

I have always had asthmatic reactions to dog hair/cat hair… … Never Dx. But now have a cough that will not go away - and the pulmonologist (saw yesterday) Dx me with Asthma, and wants me to go onto Oxygen - level 3 - whatever that means - worse than level 2 because my blood ox goes to 85 after walking for a short while.
So many questions. They want me to have a CT test of my lungs and a Echo test of my heart - so I don't know if this could be COPD or CHF (or both??). I just turned 59 - like 3 days ago. I don't smoke, rarely drink - do have Diabetes Type 2 - 4 years.

I am thinking that I am going to return to work on Monday - I have been out for over a week - is that reasonable? I have a sedentary job. I am bored!!!! but I do get out of breath if I go get groceries or walk for an extended distance. Any feedback would be great. I feel like I am too young for this and while a walking stick does not bother me (I had a knee replacement done), some how having Oxygen is blowing my mind right now.

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (3 replies)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • Dr Gary
    Dr GaryCA August 3 at 4:46 pm   

HI LadyPatches, it is great to meet you. Sorry I didn't see your post earlier. Glad you found us! Thanks for checking in and letting us know more about you. I know the move toward oxygen is a big one, and I can understand why you would be concerned about taking this step. It is so often a mystery why chronic conditions appear. I encourage you to work closely with your doctor, though I suspect I am preaching to the choir on that one. And I encourage you to ask your doctor a lot of questions. Information is power. I know it has been awhile since you posted this. I am interested to know what you decided to do about returning to work. And I am interested to know how things are going. Did you decide to go on oxygen/ I hope you will stay in touch with us. Please let us know how you're doing.

Hide the Social Toolbar Show the Social Toolbar