best places to live with copd

By pascardo Latest Activity January 14 at 6:40 pm Views 852 Replies 3

pascardo

I am a 76 year old man with moderate to severe copd. I am trying to locate the best places to live with my condition? I have been looking at both tucson arizona and the central gulf coast in florida. One is hot and dry, the other is hot and humid. Any information would be greatly welcomed.

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (3 replies)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • FighterGal
    FighterGal March 16 at 11:38 pm   

This is my first year/ winter w/copd, on inhaler. Cold air, under 34, was too much for me. For summet, Ive read some cannot tolerate humidity and others, the dry, airy SW is worse. So figure I will have to go through the seasons…posdibly making visits to each area. Pls keep us informed w/ your findings.

• cop3
    cop3 January 23 at 4:09 pm   

I would move to an area at sea-level where a higher atmospheric air pressure would help with lung expansion and extra inflation.

• Dr Gary
    Dr GaryCA January 17 at 10:45 pm   

Hi! I just wanted to say hi and to welcome you to COPD Connect. Glad you are here. That's a great questions. Interesting that you are looking at two places with such different climates. I wish I had a ideas for you. I am looking forward to see what kind of comments you might get here. I hope you will stay in touch with us.

Hide the Social Toolbar Show the Social Toolbar