Rib Pain

By kittenpurr1 Latest Activity June 13, 2011 at 9:26 pm Views 3,036 Replies 7 Likes 2

kittenpurr1

Infections such as those that affect the upper respiratory tract or those that develop on the costosternal joint itself, may also be responsible for the inflammation of the cartilage. The pain that might be felt occurring from the costosternal joint, may actually be one that has occurred somewhere else in the body. Fibromyalgia is a painful condition that may cause the rib cartilage inflammation as one of its manifestations.

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (7 replies)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • barbhere
    barbhere September 9, 2011 at 5:37 pm   

Barbhere. I was having the same problems everytime I tried to use a nebulizer
    medication. I went to a integrative medical doctor who started me on cold laser
    treatments; the problem seemed to be the muscles surrounding the lungs and ribs reacted to the medication. The cold laser ($15.00 per tx) on five different spots for respiratory eliminates these pains totally. I felt like I was reborn. Jus sayin' it works for me.

• kammy50
    kammy50 September 9, 2011 at 5:15 pm   

I have emphysema and have those pains in between my ribs and lungs all the time ~~ you're totally right - they are very painful.

• but ch_c1
    but ch_c1 January 5, 2013 at 7:44 am   

Hi Kammy50 i was told by my doctor, the other day that i had fibromyalgia,on top of copd,emphysema, asthma,Bronchitis, went to get checked why my lungs an ribs hurt,,then find out i have some thing else

• Jeannie Holmes
    Jeannie Holmes June 15, 2011 at 12:26 pm   

I get those everytime I get a chest infection. Man do they hurt!! And you can't get a good breath.

• kittenpurr1
    kittenpurr1 June 15, 2011 at 2:27 pm   

I know, and it even hurts to bend over to pick up something.

• wolflover01
    wolflover01 June 15, 2011 at 9:11 am   

i have been having alot of pain in my ribs real sharp pain here lately i have heard of fibromyalga but not the things you are talking about but it makes alot of since it feels as though someone is sticking a knife in me there at times here in the past week it has been getting more often it has been several months since i have seen my medical doctor should i talk to her about the possibility ofwhat you are talking about or what is your thought on this you sound wise on the subject so please tell me what to do.

• kittenpurr1
    kittenpurr1 June 15, 2011 at 2:27 pm   

I would, and I am the next time I go in to see the doctor. Since having COPD, it could be from that. I have diabetes, too. I have lots of swelling in my legs and feet. Fibromyalgia could be the reason, too. There's afew other things they rule out is lung problems,and heart problems. Mine has been coming and going- this time, it jsut seems to stay with me. So, it could be a flare from Fibro. Also, I have had shingles before, 2 times recently. I have read that shingles can cause this too- I don't have any signs of shingles, no blisters- maybe it's on the inside. Fibro can make you hurt all over- some doctors don't believe, and some do. It's about finding the right doctor, plus- every medication for Fibromyalgia, I can't take. So, yes- I would ask the doctor, it's better to be safe than sorry. If you are coughing with this, you need to see a doctor, it could be phneumonia, I can't spell today, I was up till 5 a.m. with a dog that I think is in kidney failure and liver failure, I have tried to make her as comfortable as I can. So, my brain is not working- bronchotis can make you hurt like that too- so if you are coughing up anything, see a doctor. Best wishes.

Hide the Social Toolbar Show the Social Toolbar