Headache and Hypoxia

By LennyDenny Latest Activity April 12, 2011 at 1:06 pm Views 1,853 Replies 13 Likes 1

LennyDenny

I went to the family doctor yesterday for headaches. I have been having a problem with waking up a number of times in the middle of the night with sever headaches. I take would take acedaminafin (hope the spelling is right) and go back to bed. About an hour later same thing would happen. The doctor told me it might be a form of Hypoxia, he says that because of my emphasyma I'm not getting enough oxygen and the oxgyen level in my blood is dropping to low causing the headaches. I want to see if anyone else is having the same problem or has been told the same thing by their doctor. On top of that he tells me that the skin cance I thought was gone has yet again returned. It's getting to be a bit much to handle.

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (13 replies)

Add your reply Reply Down
  • Prisda
    Prisda April 17, 2011 at 8:03 pm   

Lenny, didn't your dr suggest a sleep study to determine if your oxygen levels are dropping due to sleep apnea. As the others here will tell you sleep apnea can be dangerous. I have the headaches when I do not use my CPAP. Am trying nasal pillows now instead of the mask.

• LennyDenny
    LennyDenny April 18, 2011 at 8:39 am   

I have an appointment to see the pulmonary dr. later this week. He may be thinking that sleep apnea might be the problem. The biggest problem is days like today I woke up with a head ache and still can't get rid of it. I got up at 5:00 and now it's 9:30, I need to find something stronger than asprine for this one.

Thanks - God Bless
    Denny

• donna62M
    donna62M April 13, 2011 at 6:55 pm   

I was having bad headaches last year while on holiday that would wake me in the middel of the night…I took panadine and that helped and I thought noting of it as they went away…but after reading this…if it happens again I will be going to the docs about it…THANK YOU.

• LennyDenny
    LennyDenny April 18, 2011 at 8:42 am   

I found that whenever something different happens to the way I feel I go see one of my drs. right away. In the past week I can only remember one day that I didn't have a head ache. I will see the pulmonary dr. later this week and see what he says.
    Denny

• baby dog
    baby dog April 13, 2011 at 4:10 am   

I was waking up with sever headaches before I was Dx with sleep apnea. Now since I am on a cpap headaches are gone.Oxgyen level will drop and give you headaches. So ypur Doctor is right about that. Sorry about your skin cancer! I will be praying for you!

• LennyDenny
    LennyDenny April 13, 2011 at 7:59 am   

Thanks for the prayers. I am schedluled to see the pulmonary dr. next week. Hopefully he can find out for sure whats going on. Thanks again
    Denny

• THESLEIZ
    THESLEIZ April 13, 2011 at 2:49 am   

hi,,, i have that some while i am awake, at nite i am on a cpap with o2 and on 02 24/7, he might should check you for sleep apnia,, but most of the drugs i am on i sleep 2 to 3 hrs at time,, its become a long road,, good luck,,, looking in a cheap pulse ox meter, you get on now for about $60

• LennyDenny
    LennyDenny April 13, 2011 at 8:00 am   

Thanks for the info. hopefully when I see the drs. I can get some answers.
    Denny

• JACKIEROTHGEB08
    JACKIEROTHGEB08 April 12, 2011 at 8:10 pm   

MY SKIN CANCER KEEPS RETURNING AND I WAS HAVING HEADACHES AND COULDNT SEE WHEN I AWOKE …AND THOUGHT IT WAS MY MACULAR DEGENERATION …AFTER LOTS OF TESTS I HAD BRAIN ANURESYM… IT SEEMS NEVER ENDING … DONT GIVE UP … WE AND THE LORD ARE HERE FOR YOU … HOPE YOU GET BETTER.I 'LL KEEP YOU IN MY PRAYERS. HUGS

• LennyDenny
    LennyDenny April 13, 2011 at 8:04 am   

The skin cancer has been an on going problem in the past couple of months. I've had 4 different spots removed. The family dr. has me going to to see a plastic's dr. in 2 weeks. This is the second spot on my face in the last 3 weeks. Thanks for the prayers and hugs.
    Denny

• Jeannie Holmes
    Jeannie Holmes April 12, 2011 at 2:35 pm   

Remember God doesn't give us more than we can handle. It just seems like it sometimes! HUGS

• LennyDenny
    LennyDenny April 13, 2011 at 8:07 am   

You are so right, I just need to keep reminding myself of that. It's been a hard road the past 7 years or so. I know with help from him and other like you I'll be ok.
    Denny

• purplemoon0130
    purplemoon0130 April 15, 2011 at 7:59 pm   

Hey Lenny, I was just wondering how everything is for you. Can you tell us how all the doc visits go and what they told you? Hope you are feeling much better today/evening/night…lol. I thought I would cover them all…Hee Hee
    Hugssss!

Hide the Social Toolbar Show the Social Toolbar