Mullein is a very good home remedy

By wmyers Latest Activity April 12, 2011 at 10:10 am Views 17,170 Replies 1 Likes 1

wmyers

Several years ago, I had a friend who had sinuses so bad they would sometimes bleed. One day, one of the guys we worked with brought him this green tea he said was made from a plant called Mullein. My friend took it home and drank it that night and the next day, you could not tell he had ever had a sinus infection. I started looking into Mullein and found quite a few things about it. You can find it listed in herb books. We used to boil the leaves and give it to our children when they had colds and it worked just great. You have to sweeten it pretty good because it is kind of bitter if you don't. I found another article the other day. Here is the address,
www.vitamins-supplements.org/herbal-supplemen...

Even thought it says the FDA warns against using the seeds because they are considered dangerous, we are only talking about the leaves and nothing else.

One of the pargraphs to pay close attention to is the one that says.

"Mullein soothes irritating inflammations of the trachea and bronchial tubes. Mullein is also effective for hard, dry coughs and bronchial spasm. Flowers and leaves from mullein are used for their strong mucilaginous (sticky and viscous) content against all forms of throat and lung irritation".

Even though this article talks about the flower and the seeds, I have never used anything more than the leaves. Read what they say about the leaves.

"The leaves have exhibited strong anti-inflammatory properties. The leaves are used for upper respiratory conditions including asthma, emphysema, coughs, bronchitis, etc. Mullein tea is a beneficial remedy for bronchitis, sore throat, tonsillitis, dry coughs, and hoarseness".

One more important fact to consider is to never use any type of home remedy without first checking with your Doctor. Even though I consider Mullein to be very beneficial, there is a possibility that it could react with some of today's drugs. If t your Doctor doesn't see anything wrong with it, give it a try. You might be surprised what is growing in your own backyard.

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (1 reply)

Add your reply Reply Down
Hide the Social Toolbar Show the Social Toolbar